San Francisco, California,
29 May - 1 June 2001
We are very proud to announce the program of the 14th International
Software & Internet Quality week Conference (Theme: The Internet Wave).
QW2001 is in San Francisco, May 29 - June 1, 2001.
The QW2001 Advisory Board has assembled a
terrific team of over 100 speakers, representative of the state of the
art in software and Internet QA and testing, from around the world: from
the USA to the UK, from Europe to China. Our goal of bringing together
industry and academic, software oriented and Internet oriented, USA and
non-USA specialists, has been reached.
Here are some key features of QW2001:
- We are honored to have a distinguished lineup of industrial and
academic keynote speakers:
Ms. Lisa Crispin (iFactor-e) "The Need For Speed: Automating
Functional Testing In An eXtreme Programming Environment
(QW2000 Best Presentation) (1P1)"
Mr. Dave Lilly (siteROCK Corporation) "Internet Quality of Service (QoS): The State Of The Practice (1P2)"
Dr. Linda Rosenberg (GSFC NASA) "Independent Verification And
Validation Implementation At NASA (5P1)"
Dr. Dalibor Vrsalovic (Intel Corporation) "Internet Infrastrucure:
The Shape Of Things To Come (5P2)"
Mr. Hans Buwalda (CMG) "The Three "Holy Grails" of Test
Development (...adventures of a mortal tester...) (10P1)"
Mr. Ed Kit (SDT Corporation) "Test Automation -- State of the
Mr. Thomas Drake (Integrated Computer Concepts, Inc ICCI) "Riding
The Wave -- The Future For Software Quality (10P3)"
- 14 Pre-Conference Tutorials conducted by the foremost experts in their fields:
Mr. Tom Gilb (Result Planning Limited) "Software Inspection For
The Internet Age: How To Increase Effect And Radically Reduce the Cost
Mr. Erik Simmons (Intel Corporation) "Writing Good Requirements
Dr. Norman Schneidewind (Naval Postgraduate School) "A Roadmap To
Distributed Client-Server Software Reliability Engineering (C1)"
Mr. Gualtiero Bazzana (ONION, S.P.A) "Web Testing Techniques and
Tools (D1) (D2)"
Mr. Robert Sabourin (AmiBug.Com) "Getting Started -- Stressing Web
Applications: Stress Early -- Stress Often (E1)"
Mr. Ross Collard (Collard and Co.) "Test Estimating (F1)"
Mr. Thomas Drake (Integrated Computer Concepts, Inc ICCI) "The
Quality Challenge For Network Based Software Systems (G1)"
Mr. Bill Deibler (Software Systems Quality Consulting) "Making the
CMM Work: Streamlining the CMM for Todays Projects and Organizations
Dr. John Musa (Consultant) "More Reliable Software Faster And
Dr. Edward Miller (eValid, Inc.) "Client-Side WebSite Testing (E2)"
Dr. Cem Kaner (Florida Institute of Technology) "Teaching Testing:
A Skills-Based Approach (F2)"
Mr. Ed Kit (SDT Corporation) "Establishing a Fully Integrated Test
Automation Architecture (G2)"
- 4 Post-Conference Workshops to brainstorm and help you take newly gained insights back to your job:
- The conference runs Six Parallel Tracks and covers the broad field of software quality:
- Technology: From OO Automation to Java and UML methods
- Applications: Hear solutions from researchers and
- Internet: E-commerce experiences, Internet Time and Site
- Management: Managing Testing, Defect Tracking, Process
- 90-minute QuickStarts: Experts' discussions tailored to people new in the industry
- Vendor Technical Presentations: Broaden your tools and
- Debate with the Experts in 2 Panel Sessions:
- Birds Of A Feather Sessions (BOFS)
organized by QW2001 Advisory Board Member Mark Wiley.
- 45+ Industry Exhibitors will showcase their services and latest tools at the Two-Day Trade Show.